Bro. Michael Jacob
"And the Lord whom ye seek shall suddenly come
into his temple, even the messenger of the covenant whom ye delight in" - Malachi 3:1
The words, AMBASSADOR or Messenger are synonymous
(1) An Ambassador of peace is an honorable person, and
usually a great favorite to the king.
CHRIST the Ambassador is a most noble,
honorable person, Lord of Lords. I Tim 6:15.
(2) An Ambassador is a wise person, skilled in state
JESUS CHRIST, the Messenger of the
covenant, or God's Ambassador to sinners, is full of wisdom and skill in all the affairs
which concern the Glory of the Father and the welfare of sinners.Rom. 8:6, Eph. 2:
(3) An Ambassador must be of known integrity and
Jesus is called the "Faithful and
true witness" Rev 3:14. Never did an Ambassador act with such integrity, as CHRIST
did between God and sinners. He would not have God dishonored, nor man to miss of pardon.
Rom. 3: 24,26.
(4) An Ambassador is appointed and made choice of to this
great employment by the determination and decree of the king.
CHRIST was chosen and appointed by the
Father Acts 4:28. Hence He is said to be, a Lamb slain from the foundation of the
(5) A person that is chosen to go as Ambassador must accept
of the place of work.
Jesus readily accepted it. "Lo, it
is written in the volume of the book, I come to do Thy will, O God" Heb.10:8.
(6) An Ambassador is entrusted with matters of great weight-
things that concern peace and war etc.
JESUS CHRIST, the greatest Ambassador of
heaven and earth, very far exceeded those things that concern peace or war for He was
concerned with eternal matters.
(7) An Ambassador is invested with legal powers. He receives
a special commission which authorizes Him to that work and office.
CHRIST was chosen and ordained God's
messenger and sole management of the covenant of GRACE. He received a special commission
from the Father. John 12:4, John 5: 36.
(8) An Ambassador, having received His commission, leaves
His own kingdom and goes into that country to which He is ordered.
CHRIST left His own kingdom and the Glory
He had with the Father and came into this world. Galatians 4:4